Please click on the links below to download and stream the sermon from Fr. Tuscan offered on Sunday, February 14th, as well as the audio from the Lenten Mission.
ST. FRANCIS & THE HOLY WOUNDS:
True Source of the Mercy of God
Sunday, February 14, 2016
Introduction to the topics of the Lenten Mission
Monday, February 15, 2016
The side: The Heart of Christ, the Church; Why be Catholic?
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
The right hand: The Holy Mass, Prayer and Devotion
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
The left hand: Sin, Repentance and Mercy
Thursday, February 18, 2016
The feet: Evangelization and Mission
Friday, February 19, 2016
The Crown of Thorns: The Glory of Jesus and Mary
This audio is provided at no charge and we encourage you to share this Lenten Mission link via email and on social media.
Please limit the download and sharing of the audio to personal use only: do not use the audio as narration for YouTube videos, broadcast the audio via podcast or radio, or download the audio and host on your personal site (“mirror” hosting). Thank you.
Bibliography for Lenten Mission
- Life of St. Francis of Assisi – Father Cuthbert, O.S.F.C.
- St. Francis of Assisi – G.K. Chesterton
- The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ – Anne Catherine Emmerich
- Fr. Stephan J. P. Van Dijk, The Ordinal of the Roman Church, (Fribourg, 1975), esp. pp. XVI-LXIII and Msgr. Pierre Batifol, History of the Roman Breviary, (Longmans, Green & Co., New York, 1912), pp. 160-64.
- P.-M. Gy, “L’Unification liturgique de l’occident et la liturgie de la Curie romaine,” Revue des sciences philosophiques et théologiques 59 (1975) 601-612. Not in UIL.
- Stephen J. P. van Dijk, ed., Sources of the Modern Roman Liturgy: The Ordinals by Haymo of Faversham and Related Documents (1243-1307), 2 vols. (Leiden, 1963). 264.027 C28S STX. “The documents selected represent a revision of the court liturgy … made by and for members of the Order of Friars Minor …”
- Stephen J. P. van Dijk and J. Hazelden Walker, The Origins of the Modern Roman Liturgy. The liturgy of the Papal Court and the Franciscan Order in the Thirteenth Century (Westminster, MD, 1960). 264.02 V28O STX.
- Stephen J. P. van Dijk, The Ordinal of the Papal Court from Innocent III to Boniface VIII and Related Documents(Fribourg, 1975). 264.02 C285O STX.
- Marc Dykmans, Le cérémonial papal de la fin du Moyen Age à la Renaissance (Rome, 1977). 264.02 D9912C STX.
- Bernhard Schimmelpfennig, Die Zeremonienbücher der römischen Kurie im Mittelalter (Tübingen, 1973). 264.02 SCH3Z STX.
- Arsène Le Carou, L’office divin chez les Frères Mineurs aus XIIIe siècle (Paris, 1928). 264.02 L49O STX.
- Franciscus-M. Guerrini, ed., Ordinarium juxta ritum sacri ordinis Fratrum Praedicatorum (Rome, 1921). Not in UIL.